In today’s lifestyle and eating habits most people are having sugar related disease like diabetes which is due to the increase in glucose level of the body. Amount of carbohydrate we take in our diet decides the level of glucose. Many Low Carb Side Dishes are available which are very useful in controlling the glucose level and preventing many diseases. It helps to lose weight and reduces risk factors associated with heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
These dishes are very easy to make and can be cooked very quickly. Thus with very less efforts you can control carbohydrate level in your diet. Here are few easy to make Low Carb Side Dishes.
Low Carb Side Dishes
Bacon Green Beans
- Fry two slices of chopped bacon until it is crispy.
- Boil or steam half pound beans till it becomes tender crisp.
- Add four oz mushroom, one tablespoon butter, beans and the bacon and then heat the mixture.
- Sprinkle little bit of salt and prefer for taste.
Roasted Baby Carrots
- 1 pound baby carrot and 1 tablespoon oil and ½ teaspoon salt.
- First of all take a baking pan and line it with nonstick foil.
- Now, put the carrots in the pan and drizzle it with 1 spoon oil. Sprinkle oil over it.
- Roast at 450 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Stir it in the pan for 4-5 minutes till the carrot become tender and a brownish texture appears.
Low Carb spaghetti Squash Patties
- Cook 8 C spaghetti squash by any method you like and then separate them into strands.
- Add 3 eggs, 2 tablespoon onion to the cooked squash. Add salt for taste.
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Add 1/3 cup of chopped onions and 2 spoons of green minced pepper and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Take 1 lb of Brown ground turkey and cook through.
- Add the onion, garlic and the green pepper mixture. On top of it add 1 tablespoon parsley, 7 ounce diced tomatoes, 1.5 teaspoon Italian seasoning and then season it with salt.
- Cook for about five minutes.
- Fill the hollow green peppers with the mixture.
- Pour ¼ cup of liquid tomato in a baking dish and place peppers in dish.
- Mound 1 spoon of pizza sauce and cheese on each pepper.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes till cheese turns golden brown.
- 2 small zucchini, carrots, yellow squash and 2 tablespoon butter.
- Take 2 medium sized carrots and remove the ends of the carrot and then scrape it.
- Using a vegetable peeler make thin slices down the length of vegetables to make long ribbons.
- Sauté the vegetables for about 5 minutes using butter until it is just tender.
- Add salt and pepper to enhance the taste.
Cream Broccoli Soup
- 2 cup cream
- 2 lb Broccoli and Ham Steak
- 2 cup water
- Salt and pepper for taste.
- 1 stick butter
- In a large pot put broccoli, water and butter.
- Put lid on the pan and steam it until it is tender.
- Add 5 oz Velveeta, cheese and ham steak.
- Add heavy cream when all cheese melts.
- Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Cook the soup for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle ¼ cup each of olive oil and balsamic vinegar over 1 bunch of asparagus.
- Sprinkle pepper, garlic powder and salt over it.
- Mix the contents properly using tongs.
- Keep it in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cook the asparagus on the grill till it becomes tender crisp and then enjoy the food.
You will enjoy making these low carb Side Dishes. Cook and serve it to your family and friends as it is very tasty and healthy for the body. The best part is that these dishes taste good so you are not forced to eat, you will love to eat it.