Back pain has become a major problem nowadays as a result of the changing lifestyle and decreasing physical activities. Back pain affects almost everyone irrespective of their age. If you are having lower back pain then you can take medications but dependence on medicines can cause other side effects which are harmful to your health.
Exercises for lower back pain is the best way to prevent and reduce lower back pains. By exercising you can strengthen your muscles by which you can prevent pain. While exercising you should focus on stretching shortened muscles that are pulling the spine out of alignment which will help in reducing the back pain. The exercises in which you are most comfortable like if you feel better sitting then try out partial sit ups exercises.
Exercise programs are specifically designed for every person and you should consult a professional before starting any exercise routine. Warm ups are very important before starting any stretching exercise to prevent any injury or cramps. Here are a few very effective exercises for lower back pain.
Exercises for Lower Back Pain:
- Lie on your side and then raise your body with the support of your elbow.
- Make sure that your legs are straight and then lift your hips off the floor.
- Hold the position for at least 30 seconds, repeat it 4-5 times every day.
- Lie on your stomach and then raise your upper body with the support of your hands. Allow your back to relax and sag. Hold the position for five seconds.
- Repeat the exercise 5 times regularly.
Knees To The Chest:
- Lie on your back and keep your legs straight then bring your knee close to your chest by pulling the knee close to the opposite shoulder.
- After holding the position for 10 seconds repeat the same with the other leg. Do the exercise 5 times each for both the legs.
Get down on your hand and knees and then round your back towards the ceiling so that the muscles get stretched. Hold the position for 10-15 seconds then return to your starting position. Now press your stomach towards the ground in the same position. Hold the position for half minute. Repeat the steps 4-5 times regularly.
Seated Spinal Twist:
Sit on the floor with the legs stretched. Now bend your left knee and put the left foot across the right knee. Place left hand on the floor next to your left hip. Now push against left leg with right arm and turn to the right side until you feel sufficient stretch on your back muscles.
Lie on your side with the knees and feet close together and bend your knees slightly. Raise the upper leg while keeping the other leg as it is. Ensure that your hips does not roll back. Hold the position for 10 seconds. Repeat the above steps 15 times.
Benefits of Exercises for Lower Back Pain:
The above exercises for lower back pain are easy to do and everyone can do it irrespective of the fitness of the person or age. However, you should consult your family doctor before starting the exercises. Overdoing the exercises or doing it wrongly can increase the pain or may even lead to injury or muscle pull. If you are not feeling comfortable while doing the exercises don’t do it. Practice the exercises regularly under proper guidance to stay fit and healthy.