Spanish food is famous for its high nutritional values as most of the Spanish recipes comprise of fresh vegetables and easy to make recipes. With people becoming more cautious about their health and what they are eating, Spanish chicken and rice recipes are becoming one of the most demanded foods in the restaurants all over the world. The best part of chicken and rice recipe is that it can be made in innumerable ways.
Chicken and rice foods are famous all over the world because of the brilliant taste of the combination of rice and chicken. The fact that Spanish recipes are adapted in other countries is due to the added nutritional benefits and easy to make recipes. Here are a few Spanish chicken and rice recipe which can be prepared by you even if you are not a great cook.
Spanish Chicken and Rice Recipes
Recipe 1: Spanish Chicken and Rice
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 packed sazon
- 1 oz tomato
- 2 cups rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 tbs alcaparrado
- 5 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup light beer
- 3 cup water
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- Season chicken with salt and cook in oil till the color changes to brown. Keep the chicken aside for the meantime.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and then add onion,garlic,cilantro and pepper in the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken pieces, water,beer, tomato sauce and sazon. Cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables, rice and alcaparrado with a little juice from the jar. Heat it till it starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and keep stirring it until the water reduces. Cook the food at low heat for 10 more minutes so that each ingredient is properly cooked.
Recipe 2: Spanish Chicken And Rice with Olives
- 5 chicken pieces
- 1 cup wine
- 1 onion
- 2 cup white rice
- 2 tbs garlic
- 1 can diced tomato with juice
- 2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 large seeded and chopped bell pepper
- saffron thread
- 1 cup peas
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Season the chicken pieces with pepper and salt and cook it in oil till color changes to brown.
- Saute the mixture of onion, red bell pepper and chilli flakes.
- Now add garlic, rice and paprika and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and heat it, simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato and juice, chicken broath bay leaf and saffron and heat it for more 5 minutes
- Add all the chickens with the rice along with the juices.
- Cook for about 20 minutes till the rice becomes tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the peas and olive from top and sprinkle pepper and salt for taste.
Recipe 3: Chicken and Rice Recipe with zucchini
- 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into very small pieces.
- 28 oz plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ tsp dried leaf thyme
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Now stir in olives, rice, thyme, oregano and tomatoes. Simmer it for 10 more minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and zucchini and cover it tightly and simmer over low heat.
- Keep stirring often till the rice and chicken are cooked properly.
Recipe 4: Spanish Chicken and Rice
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup long grain rice
- 16 oz chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 10 oz frozen peas
- ½ cup pitted olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup pimento strips
- Cook the chicken in oil till it turns light brown
- Add rice and onion in a skillet saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients with the rice in the skillet and cook it.
- Now add the chickens with the rice. Cover the skillet and cook for 25 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Allow it to cool a little bit and then serve.
All of these dishes can be cooked within 1 hour. It is a very heavy meal and can be cooked if you are hoisting parties. The procedure is almost same so you can add your own ingredients and make changes according to your taste. Variety of ingredients in one dish gives each Spanish Chicken and Rice Recipe a unique and wonderful taste. You and your family will surely enjoy the above recipes.